The Cohen-Vecki House is the oldest building in downtown Danville. It was built by the Howard brothers in 1866 for Postmaster Michael and Mathilda Cohen. It was located behind the Cohen general store. Dr. Victor and Claire Vecki moved their family from San Francisco to Danville in 1906. Dr. Vecki opened the first Danville dental practice in the parlor. The wall mounted bronze plaque is located by the house entrance at 169 Front Street, Danville.