Danville Grammar School Site

The first school house in the area was built south of Danville in 1858.  A grammar school was built closer to town among trees on this Front Street site and served the area from 1867 to 1896 when it was razed, and  replaced with a new one room school house which served the community until 1927.  The bronze plaque was remounted following the town parking lot renovations.

A resource for our shared local history, participating in identification, commemoration, and preservation